Menu deroulant

The evaluation of the quality of the players evolves according to the performance of the players. It is carried out by the FAFI Expert Analysts.
All football fans can give their opinion by leaving a comment in the player profiles. For Star players (whose name is followed by "*" in the menu) analyzes of the qualities complement the assessments. The analyzes of the other players will be conducted by groups of SMART FOOT ACADEMY
.

Steven Gerrard THE greatest Red


Thekop.liverpoolfc.com 15/01/2013


Now before you start screaming at your screen names such as Dalglish and Rush (and rightly you should) Im writing this based on the players I've seen in my lifetime. Seeing as how LFC is doing its 100 Players Who Shook the Kop i thought I'd wade in with my opinion, why not.



Now being born in 1992 I've seen a very different Liverpool from our teams of yesteryear and their countless achievements. Obviously I know that The King, Rushy etc. were some of the best Liverpool players to grace the Anfield turf but in terms of the players that I have watched from the stands then Steven Gerrard has to be the greatest. Carra recently comended Gerrard as our greatest, for the reason that he has never played in world class teams and yet still single handedly dragged those teams to glory. The PFA also recently accredited our Captain as one of the best. Zinedine Zidane, possibly one of the most gifted players of all time described Gerrard as the complete player, the accolades are endless.

Certainly as a boy growing up there is no greater role model on how to play the beautiful game. I've been a defender all my life so I always tried to imitate Carra and big Sami Hyypia, but Steven Gerrard was the one that just oozed professionalism. I've loved watching him recently, people were starting to doubt if he still 'had it', to which the reply was instant. Some of Gerrards performances this season have been up there with his best. Some of the passes he pulls off week in week out are quite frankly outrageous, and I ask anyone to find me a better passer of the ball in the PL, maybe even the world. For those of you who watched (and i whisper these next words) the Oldham game, then we saw again how he nearly (a couple of inches) single handedly dragged us from defeat.

My Dad and all my older relatives have told me countless stories of how they've watched The King terrorise teams or Rushy score goals for fun on the way to numerous league titles, FA cups, League Cups and European Championships however I've never been lucky enough to witness such a thing. I once bumped into Ian St. John at the Albert Docks as a 9 year old, I had no idea who he was at the time but I could tell from my parents' reaction that he was a great. I felt honoured to have even met someone who had played for Liverpool Football Club, let alone someone who I now know to be a legend such as St. John.

These days all someone needs to do is utter the words Olympiakos, Istanbul or Cardiff and it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I was unfortunate that I was only 12 in 2005, it still ranks as one of my greatest ever memories, going into school the next day and singing YNWA with my mates all day until I could no longer speak. Getting sent out of class for refusing to shut up about what we'd witnessed the night before. How it must have been for those lucky ones that were actually there, I can only imagine. Im sure if I was old enough to drink and watch it in the pubs then that would have been one hell of a night too.

My friend recently said that Steven Gerrard has scored at least 50 incredible, out of this world goals. Goals that other players will only score once in their whole career. Think about it, name one player in the last two decades that has scored goals similar to the ones that Gerrard has. He is in my opinion the greatest player to have ever put on a Red shirt. And in years to come I'll be able to say to my children and grandchildren that I've been lucky enough to have been sat in the Kop and watch Steven Gerrard play on the hallowed Anfield turf.

"Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,
 He pass the ball 40 yards,
 He's big and he's f*****g hard,
 Steve Gerrard, Gerrard."

No comments:

Post a Comment